Senior UX Designer
We're a strong team of 14 amazing people who we lovingly call our crew. We work with a variety of clients from household names to brand new startups. Due to the continued demand for our design services we are looking for good humans who are passionate and hardworking to come on board.
How this role fits into our team
Our UX Designers work through all stages of our design process to create usable and engaging digital products and services. You anticipate and plan activities to achieve desired project outcomes and goals. You use interaction design methods and bring together user needs, business objectives and tech considerations to arrive at a valuable experience and feasible solutions. You enjoy facilitating workshops and running user-centered activities to understand users, identify measures of success and explore and test ideas. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and bring a practical approach to solving problems. You bring the team on a journey and create a shared vision of what’s being designed. You document UX insights and designs through reports, sketches, user flows, site-maps, wireframes, interactive prototypes and confidently present and share with developers, visual designers and clients.
In this role you will
- Plan and lead projects and ensure work aligns to desired project outcomes and goals
- Work across all stages of the design process including supporting the initial sales phase for planning and also discovery right through to delivery with UX/UI Designers, Developers and clients
- Plan and facilitate user-centered activities and test ideas early to iterate on ideas to meet user needs
- Design end-to-end digital systems, applications, mobile apps and websites
- Present work and articulate design decisions and recommendations to clients
- Collaborate with developers and foster a partnership to get to the best solutions
- Advocate for a quality and consistent end-to-end user experience
- Love sharing your knowledge with the team and you encourage individuals to explore how they approach design and coach on Interaction Design methods
We can't wait to meet you if you have
- At least 3+ years experience as a UX Designer or equivalent role
- Fabulous planning and facilitation skills and you love running workshops
- A portfolio reflecting a strong design sense and problem-solving skills and examples of design artifacts demonstrating your methods and interaction design competencies
- Experience with and are comfortable working onsite with clients
What you'll get from us
Join us and you’ll be part of a growing company with a friendly, supportive and open culture. We encourage everyone to shape who we are, what we stand for and how we work - every voice matters. We enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and regular social gatherings. There are plenty of reasons why you should join us.
Interested and ready to apply?
If you like the sound of what you've read and want to join a studio that strives to build things better, we'd love to hear from you.
You can apply by introducing yourself and emailing your resume to Laura our Head of Crew and Culture. Our hiring process is simple: introduce yourself, if we see there's a skills and experience match we'll have a chat and get to know each other. If we both like what we are hearing, there will be a behavioural interview before making an offer to join us.
A small but very important note - applicants must be in Australia and eligible to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all applicants including people of different ages, gender, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, religious belief, work experience, educational background.
We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes sent from recruiters. Thanks!