Senior UX Consultant
Airteam is just over a year old and we're already a strong team of 13 amazing people who we lovingly call our crew. We've had a phenomenal year of steady growth and have been working with a variety of clients from household names to brand new startups. Due to the continued demand for our research, design and tech services we are looking for good humans who are passionate and hardworking to come on board. People in our team include front and back-end developers, UX designers and researchers, visual designers, project managers, growth hackers and technology leads. The Senior UX Consultant is a brand new role and will join our enthusiastic and curious UX crew.
Why you should consider this role
- Are you someone who enjoys jumping into projects and making sure we’re solving the right problems for the right audience?
- Are you meticulous about taking a rigorous approach and selecting the most appropriate user centered design methods for the job at hand?
- Do you love collaborating with clients and multidisciplinary teams to explore outcomes and cultivates relationships that make UX a team sport?
What you'll get from us
Join us and you’ll be part of a growing company with a friendly, supportive and open culture. We encourage everyone to shape who we are, what we stand for and how we work - every voice matters. We enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and regular social gatherings. We are based at 333 George Street close to Sydney’s Martin Place in a newly refurbished building with a 5 Star Green rating. Filled with natural light and balconies overlooking the city - handy for winding down on a Friday afternoon or to grab a fresh air break with a cuppa tea.
More perks you'll enjoy as crew
- Competitive salary, super and opportunity to join the employee share ownership scheme.
- Personal development budget - annually $2,000 towards relevant conferences, training and memberships.
- Work/life balance with flexible hours, working arrangements and paid time off.
- A well-equipped office space with secure bike storage and showers with complimentary towel service, free tea and freshly brewed coffee daily.
- Your choice of tech setup to help you in your craft.
- Weekly, quarterly team events and a yearly team-trip to bring us all together for some downtime.
In this role you will
- Lead UX projects, identify research objectives, frame research questions and choose appropriate methods and techniques to conduct research. You will ideate, explore and conceptualise possible design solutions individually or collaboratively.
- Analyse and synthesize research findings to craft actionable insights and recommendations.
- Present work and articulate research and design decisions to clients.
- Advocate for a quality and consistent end-to-end user experience.
We can't wait to meet you if you have
- At least 5+ years industry experience in a UX role as a freelancer, consultant or in an agency work environment.
- A rigorous approach to applying UX research and design techniques.
- Experience with and are comfortable working onsite with clients.
- A strong portfolio of work to talk about.
If you like the sound of what you've read and want to join a studio that strives to build things better, we'd love to hear from you.
You can apply by introducing yourself and emailing your resume to Laura our Head of Crew and Culture. Our hiring process is simple: introduce yourself, if we see there's a skills and experience match we'll have a chat and get to know each other. If we both like what we are hearing, there will be a behavioural interview before making an offer to join us.
A small but very important note - applicants must be in Australia and eligible to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all applicants including people of different ages, gender, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, religious belief, work experience, educational background.
We prefer not to work with recruiters - thanks!